Monday, February 3, 2014

Role Plays Anyone???



Dear Family and Friends!

Wow! I can't believe another week has gone by. Time has just flown and it is awesome but sad at the same time! How is everyone doing? Thank you all so much for all the letters and the Dear Elders and the packages. They really mean so much to me and they make my day:) I have soooo much to tell you so I guess I better get started!


So this week my companion and I got to teach an actual nonmember. Her name is Sarah Mae and she is the sweetest person ever. She moved here from Tennessee and has the coolest accent.She hashad such a hard life I can't even imagine. She has never been treated right by men and she has lost a son.  When we first started teaching her, she was not open at all and didn't really care what we had to say. But as we continued to teach her out of love and my the spirit by catering to her needs, her heart was softened. She didn't commit to baptism, but she has started praying everyday and she read a little bit of the Book of Mormon. OMG it was such an amazing feeling to know that I helped her and started preparing her for that next step. I love her so much and am so sad that I don't get to keep teaching her. 

This week we had so many classes! But I love class time! And one of my teachers is actually a missionary from The District. It is Elder Cristensen, the blonde one from Florida that went to San Diego on his mission. Everytime I see him I feel like I am talking to a famous person. Haha. It is so crazy but he is such a great teacher. My other teacher Sister Hutchings is so amazing as well. She is a powerful teacher and I have learned so much from her. Role-play has become my life. But I love it! It helps so much, it is just so crazy how much we do it. This week the new missionaries came in and we weren't the newbies anymore! It felt kinda nice. Dad was right when he said that we become pros and think we are so cool after just a week:)

Good news, even though I miss you all so much, I am not so homesick anymore! I love being a missionary and I have learned to focus on others and pray for strength when I get sad. It is greater than I could have ever imagined. I go out to the field TOMORROW! Seriously I feel like I just got here. We are taking a bus to Twin Falls and leaving at 7:15 tomorrow morning. We will then spend the day with the mission presidency and with all the new missionaries. We will meet our trainers and get assigned to our areas and we will stay in the mission home tomorrow night. I am so excited! It will be sad to leave the MTC because I have made so many friends and memories here, but I know greater adventures await. :)


This morning we went to the temple, and when we got there, the workers said that they needed us to do sealings, so we did! What an amazing experience. We could only act as sons and daughters but it was still so great! I just kept imagining the people in the Spirit world just hugging their families and being so excited. It reminded me of my own family and how we are so blessed to know that we can be together forever. It reminded me of the work that I will be doing on my mission. I get to tell people about this amazing knowledge and that makes me so happy!!!


I am going to be honest in saying that before I came here, I honestly didn't know what I was getting myself into. I knew that I would be teaching the gospel, but I didn't really have an idea of what it was going to be like. I look back on my life before I came and I realize how easy my life was as how blessed I am! I realize how selfish I was and I regret missing opportunities to serve and to grow. That is why I love it so much. I am so happy here. I have finally realized my purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ and it is so fulfilling and rewarding. I have gained a testimony of my Savior and am reminded constantly of His sacrifice for me. I have realized how amazing the Book of Mormon is and how much I love it. I love everything about being a missionary:)




I still feel like I have so much to say, but time is running low. Devotionals and church here are the best! It is amazing how much I have changed and how much my testimony has grown since I have been here. I can't wait to get out there and teach people and help people come to know their Savior and of His Gospel. I have been truly converted here. I am so grateful for this wonderful opportunity to serve Him and his children. Thank you all again so much for all the support and for the mail. Keep it coming! But don't forget to change my address to the Idaho one now. Ahhhh I am so excited! I can't even express how much I love being here. I love having the name of Jesus Christ below my name next to my heart. It reminds me of why I am here especially when times get hard. I love you all and I can't express my gratitude for all I have been blessed with. I can't say it enough, but I love being a missionary. Like it says in my mission cal, "Greater joy and happiness than you have ever experienced await you as you emabark in the Lords service of His children." I love love love serving and being a missionary. Have I said that enough times?:) I miss you and love you all so much. Have a great week, I will update you as soon as possible:)

Love Sister Bigelow



No comments:

Post a Comment