Monday, July 13, 2015

3 new investigators in one day

Dear Family and Friends,

Another great week here in Rupert! It cooled off a lot this week which
was nice. Lots of good things happening!

Our monthly focus for our mission is finding by the spirit. Sometimes
it can be easy to get discouraged because it seems like NOBODY wants
to listen to us. It is very far and few between that we find someone
that is truly prepared. Our meeting have been focused on finding, so
Sister Rhiner and I decided that we were going to increase our faith.
We fasted and prayed, and then went out and tried our hardest. And we
found 3 new investigators in 1 day!! That never ever happens! One of
them is a couple with a 1 year old, and the other a 16 year old boy,
and they are all super prepared! I know that the Lord is answering our
prayers and is aware of our needs. It was truly a miracle, and we are
super excited!

Our investigators are doing really well. I love having the experience
of teaching. It helps me strengthen my testimony and increase my
knowledge of the gospel. The investigators that we have ask a lot of
questions, and it is amazing because when I don't know the answer, the
spirit does and God is there to help us because he loves these people
we are teaching. I think that is the thing that I have learned the
most on my mission, is God's love for each of us individually. When we
have a testimony of that, no matter what happens in life, we can get
through it. The gospel is so amazing!







Unfortunately, we were meeting with a less-active this week, and the
cops showed up, searched her house, and then arrested her right in
front of us. I cried about it, and it really was making me upset and
distraught, so I have just been praying to have peace about it all.
She had been doing so good, and I have a really great relationship
with her, so it was hard for me. But Heavenly Father just spoke peace
to my mind and said that there are consequences for actions and that
she would be okay. Again, God answers prayers and he looks out for his
children!

I got to go on my last exchange ever this week! And I got to be with
Sister Pohahau! It was the best! I went to Burley, and we just worked
hard and laughed and reminisced on old times. I love her so much, and
she continues to be a good example to me. So grateful for the
wonderful companions that I have had. Still loving life and enjoying
my mission so much. Gotta finish strong! I love you all. Thank you so
much for all your love and support. Have a wonderful week!
Love, Sister Bigelow xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment