Monday, August 3, 2015

This is the Lord's work and He needs our help

Dear Family and Friends,
I feel like I shouldn't write you anything since I am going to see you
all so soon! Haha. But for mom's sake I will write a little bit. We
have had a wonderful week! It has been so busy and has just flown by!
Serioulsy, I don't think time could go by any faster!

Brenden had his baptismal interview this week and it went super well!
It is so amazing when people are just prepared for the gospel and they
will sacrifice anything to do what they know is right. His whole
family hates the church but he knows this is what he wants for him and
his family. He is so strong and such an example to me. We will be
looking forward to having his baptism this Saturday! Going out with a
bang!





















Everyone else is doing really good. We are doing a lot of member
missionary work! We are trying to be creative in our ideas, like
giving each family their own personal mission call and having them
make a family mission plan. It has been really successful so far! I
just want the members to know that this is the Lord's work and he
needs our help. And along with teaching our children and families the
gospel, this is the most important work we will ever do for now and in
eternity. The more I come to understand the Plan of Salvation, the
more urgent missionary work seems. Everyone deserves a chance to hear
the gospel and accept it! One of my favorite scriptures is 1 Peter
3:15 ".....be ready always to give every man an answer that asketh of
the hope that is in you." We all have the light of the gospel! Share
it and you will be so happy and so blessed!

So funny story.....last week we were bowling on p-day and I was
picking up my bowling ball and another ball came shooting out of the
machine, and it totally smashed my finger. It hurt REALLY bad, but I
didn't think much of it. Then we went to our zone activity and played
volleyball and my same finger got smashed again by the volleyball. It
was SO swollen and bruised and crooked haha. So I went and got a
splint for it. Not sure if it is broken or just sprained, but I can't
really move it! Good times on the mission.



Another funny story! So we went to go contact this referral. The
Spanish Elders had met her. She lives with her parents who speak
spanish, but she speaks perfect engligh, so they wanted us to go teach
her. We pulled up and her dad was outside. We got out of the car to

ask if his daughter was there. He got up and started yelling, "El
diablo! El Diablo!" (which means the devil), and he was like trying to
cast spirits out of us or something, it was so crazy! Then he went
inside and slammed the door and just watched us from the window and
wouldn't come answer the door haha. We were dying laughing! Wouldn't
be the first time I got called the devil! It just makes me realize
that this work is never going to be easy. There is always going to be
persecution, and people and forces working against us. But it is all
worth it for this work! Gotta love it!

Other than that, life is pretty routine. Another busy week ahead of
us! There are a lot of people that are trying to throw be goodbye
parties haha. But I just want to have a normal missionary week and
work hard and love it. So grateful to be a missionary. Hurrah for
Israel! Love you all so much. Thanks for the love and support! Have a
great week!
Love, Sister Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment