Monday, June 9, 2014

So stinkin' grateful

Dear Family and Friends,

How is everyone?! I am good. This week was really weird. I got sick and was throwing up and then Sis. Nieto didn't feel good and some things came up, and it was just not a normal week, but it was still good! We haven't found a new investigator yet, but our current investigators are starting to progress and good things are happening so we are happy about that! Heavenly Father is just blessing us and I am so grateful! 



So transfers are this week and we found out last night what is happening...dun dun dun.... Sister Nieto is being transferred to Malta and back to her Spanish speaking assignment. And I will remain here in the 15th ward as well as white washing the 1st ward. I am training a brand new Sister this transfer! Her name is Sister Pohahau (however you say that haha). She came straight from Tonga and I am really excited to work with her and to train her. I am a little bit nervous since I am still pretty new myself, but I know the Lord qualifies whom He calls, so I will take the assignment willingly and happily:) Sad news though: We have to move out of the Kezele's house:( I am in denial. #theyareboycottingpresidentshouseaswespeak haha. They are moving us to an apartment more central to both wards. I am really sad, but I know that it is for the best. It will be a crazy transfer but I am excited to go on this new adventure and learn and to become better:)
So this week, I was struggling a little bit, and was feeling really discouraged and really down and I really felt like I couldn't do this anymore. I talked to Sister Nieto about it and she talked to me and got me through it. I found my knees when I needed it most. I had been praying to get help and for someone or something to make me feel better. The next day I went downstairs to eat breakfast and Brother Kezele was there and he just started talking and said EVERYTHING I needed to hear. He said, "When you are about the Lord's work and when you put Him first, you cannot fail." And he was talking about the Holy Ghost and how when we step back we can see the Lord's hand in my life. It was just amazing and such an answer to prayer. I felt so much better and I knew Heavenly Father prompted him to talk to me and tell me those things. Missions are hard, and there are times where I have felt like that, but somehow Heavenly Father always makes it better and answers my prayers. No place I would rather be! So stinkin' grateful for this amazing Gospel! 

We also had a really cool fireside this week. The lady in our ward that spent months in Africa with her sons building orphanages and wells and teaching the kids how to cook and sew did a special fireside where they showed pictures and talked about their experiences. It was INCREDIBLE. I'm so going there one day. It just really hit me, that we are here on this Earth for such a greater purpose; to help those in need and to bless the lives of others and to serve them. It was really touching and I loved It. I feel like as a missionary I am a small part of that. I love being able to serve people and there really is no greater joy! :) AHHHH! It's the greatest. 


Anyways, I am just so happy and I feel so blessed. I love being a part of this amazing work. I love that this is teaching me to be a missionary for the rest of my life. The Lord needs ALL of us. Especially you members, because you are the fellowship. So keep reaching out and sharing the Gospel. I promise the Lord will bless you and will help you be aware of opportunities. Y'all are amazing and I love you so much! Have a great week:)

Love, Sister Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment