Monday, June 2, 2014

Planting Seeds

Dear Friends and Family, 

IT'S SUMMER TIME!!!!!!!! I don't want to speak too soon though because Idaho is notorious for quick changes of weather.#idahoprobs It has been such a great week and the sunshine just makes my soul happy. It is wonderful! I hope everyone had a great week because we did! 


My new bike:) Thanks mom and dad!!!
This is Sister Hobbs and she is going home next week! I love her!

So, we didn't have much success this week, but we worked hard and sweated, and rode our little hearts out. I think success is being obedient as a missionary and doing all you can, and working your very hardest, even if people don't accept the Gospel. Because we are here to plant the seeds. We won't see the fruit of our labors oftentimes, but I know that we are doing everything we can, and we are planting the seeds. And even though people aren't progressing and nobody is ready for baptism, this week was full of little miracles where I saw Gods hand in my life leading us and guiding us and making things happen at the perfect times. It is incredible to see the blessings when you take a step back and look at how Heavenly Father has blessed us here. 

It has been really easy to get discouraged because literally nobody besides the members wants to listen to us. Door Slam after door slam, I just wanted to give up. There was a day this week that was really hot, and it was just a really hard day. We were getting rejected and nobody was home and our appointments fell through. I was riding my bike and I started to cry. I didn't know what to do or where to go next. Then I remembered that I am not alone. As I rode my bike down the busy street I poured my heart out to my Father in Heaven and pleaded with Him to help us and to lead us to where we needed to go. And he answered that prayer. He led us to one of our investigators houses that wasn't progressing. And we went in and taught her a lesson and she told us that she wants us to come over again and teach her more. I know that my prayer was answered. Heavenly Father loves me so much and He has been there for me so many times when I had nowhere else to go. It has been hard, but to know that I am never alone is the most comforting and brings me so much peace. I am so grateful for Him and for this incredible opportunity. We had a really great Zone meeting this week and one of the missionaries said, "Serving a mission is not our gift to God, but it is rather God's gift to us.We should be praising Him for this once in a lifetime opportunity." I love it. 

Our favorite dog:) His name is happy!!

We got to feed horses. #artsypic
We had to opportunity to go to the most amazing baptism this weekend. These two teenage girls that just graduated high school and are best friends got baptized. We actually got to teach them a lesson a few weeks ago and it was so cool! I have never seen someone so excited to get baptized. They both started investigating the church 5 years ago at the age of 13. They mostly had the missionaries over to argue and prove them wrong, but as the missionaries taught them, they gained a testimony. But they weren't allowed to get baptized because of their parents and they had to wait until they were 18. The spirit that was there and the smiles on their faces and the light in their eyes, was something I had never felt before. It was incredible. And there were like 300 people at their baptism, mostly nonmembers:) (we like to call them not yet members.:)) It was so awesome and I am so glad I got to be there! 

Our ward missionaries are seriously the best. I have gotten so close with the ladies that go out with us and coordinate meals and help us all the time. I am so grateful for people like them who go out of their way to serve the missionaries. Sister Thiriot and Sister Casperson are the best. It is so nice to feel like you have a mommy away from home:) The members here are so great to us and I am so grateful. It is good Karma from the Bigelow Family feeding the missionaries multiple times a week! It's working!:)

#missionarytanlines


I have learned so much and I feel like I am becoming the person that Heavenly Father wants me to become. I have learned to smile through the bad times and to appreciate them. The time that I have to serve God and His children is so short and I want to enjoy every minute of it. Literally everything as a missionary freaks me out, but I know that as I face my fears and open my mouth, and do what I have been called to do, the Lord will help me and He will make up for what I lack. The Gospel is so incredible and has changed my life so much and I want everyone to have it. The happiness that I feel everyday as I serve the Lord is a happiness that I have never experienced and it is the best. Thank you so much for all of your love and support. Missions are the best! I love you all so much! Have a great week!!:)

Love, Sister Bigelow 

No comments:

Post a Comment