Monday, August 25, 2014

Designated Driver

Dear Family and Friends,


I have decided that missions are never boring and they really make life interesting! So this week Sister Bly had to go down to Salt Lake to the burn unit at University of Utah. So we teamed up with her companion Sister Owsley for the next few weeks. Now we are in a trio and we cover 3 wards! But the good news is, is that they gave us a car since we have so much area to cover! And I am the designated driver! #whatup. Also the car is a brand new Jeep Compass with 200 miles on it. It is the nicest car I have ever driven in my life and probably ever will drive.  It has been so much fun with the three of us and we are just having a ball. We really wish Sister Bly could be here and that she didn't have to go through all this, but I know that everything happens for a reason. And Sister Bly is doing so well! Her burns are healing up really nicely and they don't think they will need to do skin grafts! #miracles. Sister Owsley has been awesome! I think we have laughed more in this last week than I have on my whole mission. It was also Sister Owsley's birthday this week which was super fun to celebrate. Sister Pohahau and I got up in the middle of the night so we could be sneaky and make her a birthday cake and decorate downstairs. It was so much fun and I am grateful for both of my companions and all I have learned from them. :)


























This week was mostly a catch up week of things that didn't get done last week when we were all back and forth from the hospital and all the craziness! We didn't get to really teach anyone this week, but this next upcoming week we are booked with appointments! Whooo!!! Our 40-day fast has been going really well and our wards are FINALLY catching the vision. We got asked to speak in both wards in sacrament meeting about it and about missionary work and how we need the members. Truly, working through the members is the ONLY way to do missionary work. We have seen miracles happen. Someone invited a friend to take the missionary lessons and the friend said yes and wanted to learn more! We have gotten so many referrals and the members want to be more involved with us. Sister Curtis taught an amazing Relief Society lesson on missionary work and President Curtis told her that she needs to call everyone to repentance and she did a really great job haha. The title of the lesson was. "So wake up and do something more!" I love that woman. We are teaching the 5th Sunday lesson next week all about missionary work and we really feel like Heavenly Father is blessing us so much to be able to work more with the ward members. 

I have been reflecting a lot and looking back on my mission. I have been thinking about the fact that next transfer I will be halfway done and reality is starting to hit me. I have been thinking about if I really have changed that much and how I am a better person because of my mission. My mission has been the hardest thing I have ever done. I was looking back in my journal and there were days when all I wrote in my journal was, "I am so over this!" or "missionary=therapist" or, "I wish I would just get hit by a bus so I could go home." (must have been a really bad day haha.) There have been times where I have gotten down on my knees with no energy left and said, "Heavenly Father, I have been talking to you all day, just give me the strength to keep moving forward." There have been disagreements, homesickness, frustrations, and everything else in between. But it has been so incredible and it is all so worth it because this is the Lord's work and He is truly hastening it in these last days. I have met the most amazing people, had the best spiritual experiences, my testimony has been tried and strengthened everyday. I am just so grateful to be here right now and I know that I am supposed to be here and I am so happy :)

We aren't really teaching anyone right now, but that is our goal for this week, to contact and find! Thank you for all the love and support! I hope you all have a great week. I love you! 
Love, Sister Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment