Monday, April 21, 2014

I love to see the temple!

Dear Family and Friends, 

How was everyone's Easter?? Mine was good! Everyday feels the same as a missionary though haha. I really enjoyed church and reflecting on Christ's life and His sacrifice. We didn't even sing any Easter songs at church though. #lame. Anyways our Easter dinner had to cancel. #sadday. I really missed my mommas cooking and being with my family. Nobody seemed to be home yesterday and it was a bit discouraging. But on Saturday night, our Bishop had us over for dinner, dessert, and some Easter fun! We dyed eggs and had an Easter egg hunt. They gave us each a little Easter basket with candy and goodies from Deseret Book. I really appreciated their love and kindness and it felt nice to be a part of a family for the day! Even though the day didn't turn out like we planned, I still just feel so grateful for the knowledge that we have of the Savior and His resurrection so that we may be able to live again one day. :)

This week was okay! I talked about in my last letter how the work has slowed down a little bit and not a whole lot seems to be happening. This week was kind of the same way. There was a lot of drama with investigators and it was really discouraging. It is so hard to watch people you love and care for so much to struggle and to have hard times. There were so many times this week that I found myself on my knees, and that I just wanted to give up so bad and just call it quits. But I won't! It would be so easy to give it all up and let the adversary win. But I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for me and He has so much in store for His children here. As a missionary it is so easy to blame yourself and feel that it is your fault when people aren't progressing. But people have their agency and all we can do is work hard and pray for them and help them as best as we know how. Missions are hard, and that is something people don't tell you before you leave. But I know just like in Section 121 of the Doctrine and Covenants when the Lord is talking to Joseph Smith in Liberty jail He says, "Peace be with you. Thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment, and if thou shall endure them well, I will exalt thee on high, and though shall triumph over all thy foes." I LOVE that scripture and that has brought so much comfort to me. The hard times won't last forever and I know they are all for our learning and benefit to shape us into the faithful Saints that the Lord needs us to be. I will keep moving forward in faith because I know that the Lord will not fail me if I stick it out and I don't give up. I trust in Him and know that everything will work out:)


We had exchanges this week so I was in Rupert on Thursday with Sister Cluff. It was really fun and I really enjoyed going to a new area and meeting new people! We did lots of yard work and it was a beautiful day. I met some really incredible people and I always love learning from a new companion. Rupert is awesome! I feel blessed though because a lot of missionaries cover like 3-7 wards! Crazy stuff! I met this one lady named Patty who is like my soul sister! She is so sweet an just kept holding my hands and telling me she loved me and that I was beautiful. She is going to get baptized this month and is just one of the best people I have ever met! She has an incredible testimony and I loved hearing about her experiences.  It was my first time having 2 dinners #death. Apparently that is a normal thing in Rupert! Haha anyways, so that was really fun! We also had the privilege of going to the temple this week with our district. It was much needed. I just LOVE the temple. We went with our BFF Sister Black. I fasted that day and really was just seeking answers about how we could better help these people and about how I could become better. And as always, Heavenly Father answered them. I felt a sense of peace and calm the whole time and I just felt my Heavenly Father telling me, "Don't give up, I know this is hard right now, but I need your whole heart for this 18 months, and I promise you I will bless you, and everything will work out." It was the most incredible answer I have ever gotten. And every time, I walk into the Celestial room, I am just reminded of how much I want this and how much it means to me to do everything I can to make it there with my family. I always feel the presence of my loved ones who are on the other side.  I love the temple so much and am so grateful that we got to go:)






Transfers are coming up this next week! It is crazy that this transfer is already over, I feel like it just started! Really have no idea what is going to happen. It is a little bit nerve wracking when you don't know what to expect. Our hike in the canyon last week was AWESOME! We hiked up to this huge waterfall and just had a blast. The weather has been so nice this week and I have enjoyed finally not wearing a jacket. President Curtis has just been so great and he is always helping me when I am having a hard time. He is a really great President. We have awesome assistants who care about us and are always willing to help. A midst the trials and hard times, I am so blessed to be a missionary in these last days. It is an incredible work and I know it is true with all my heart. I am grateful for the testimony that I have that keeps me strong through the rough waters. I finished the Book of Mormon this week! It is so different and so much more amazing when you understand it and really study it. The Book of Mormon is true, I know it. The story in Ether of the Brother of Jared and his people crossing the waters has become one of my favorite. Even though it was a hard and terrible journey, they never ceased to pray, and it says, "The terrible winds never ceased to blow them toward the promised land." Our trials are only going to help us get to our destination. I love the lesson that we learn from that story and the faith we can gain from it. I am just so grateful for this time in my life and for the Gospel. 

We are off on another hike to explore more waterfalls! I love P day and the fun things we get to do. I hope everyone has a great week! Also I was going to ask that you guys keep some of our investigators and people in your prayers, and pray for them by name, I would really appreciate it:) Jake, Kellie, Nancy, Cody, Amanda, Ryanne, Jessica, Elara, Elizabeth, Gabby, Kacie, Tia, Farrer Family, Jolene, Claborn Family. Thank you so much for all the love and support! I love this work and am so happy to be here. I miss you all like crazy. Know that I think of you and I pray for you and I love you all so much. Have an amazing week! Sending my love. 

xoxoxoxoxox Sister Bigs

No comments:

Post a Comment