Monday, April 7, 2014

Best. Weekend. Ever.

Dear Family and Friends,

Dude. Conference was amazing. Best. weekend. ever. This week was just awesome and so many amazing things happened and I am just on cloud nine. Couldn't be happier! :) I hope everyone is doing well. Love hearing from you guys. 

So this week I was out of commission for a few days so I could recover. I slept for dayzzz and I feel so much better! Toward the end of the week I was ready to work hard and press forward! It was still super rainy and cold this week which is always fun on bikes! Sometimes I feel like a pioneer. I know that what I am doing doesn't even compare to what they did, but when we are trudging through the freezing cold rain and wind on our bikes, and it feels like we will never be warm again, I can't help but feel grateful. I know that being here on a mission is a sacrifice and I had to give up so much to be here, but it is so worth it, and the blessings far outweigh the trials and the sacrifices. I just think about the pioneers and how much they had to give up, yet they kept moving forward with faith in God and knowing that it was all worth it! Plus what would a mission be if there weren't hard times? We wouldn't learn anything or grow at all, or become the person Heavenly Father wants us to be! 



We have a baptism coming up on Saturday! Jake is doing awesome and we can't wait for him to take this first step. We had an incredible lesson with him, Kellie, and Bishop this week. We were teaching the commandments and were running short on time, so we were kind of just going through them quick. We were reviewing the law of chastity and I had the distinct impression to testify of the importance and the sacredness. Bishops testimony followed as well as Sister Ramsey's. It was so powerful and we were all in tears by the end. Since Kellie and Jake love each other it is so important for them to realize why God has asked us to do this since they have never lived the law of chastity in their lives. As I testified, I felt the Spirit testify so strongly to me about why this is so important. Marriage between a man and a woman truly is ordained of God. The ability and the power that God has given us to create families is among the most important gifts we have. I told them, "Just do it right the first time." As I talked about that, it reminded me of my goals and that I want to do it right and both me, and Kellie and Jake on are the right path to get there. When you do it right, it is even greater than we could have ever imagined. I never want to compromise that.  "In the sight of the Lord, it is not so much what we have done, or where we have been, but much more where we are willing to go. " -Edward Dube. I love that quote. Not only was I teaching them, but the Spirit was teaching me. I have always known the importance of it, but it is incredible when the Spirit confirms it to you so strongly. It is lessons like those that make all of this worth it. I have decided right here an now that I will never go back, but only go forward. I will not let ANYTHING get in the way of returning back to my Father in Heaven. I hope all of that made sense. Main point being, it was such an awesome lesson and I learned so much. 



Everyone else is doing really well! Like I say everytime, there is so much work and so much good happening. We had the opportunity to watch general conference with most of our investigators. Okay conference was AWESOME! Some of my favorites were Elder Anderson's talk about building your foundation on Christ and daring to stand alone. LOVED Richard G. Scott's talk about love and service. Missionary quote: "We all chose the Savior's plan before this life. Trust and have faith that the children of God will choose it again." We watched Priesthood session with an investigator and it was so good! Elder Oaks talked a lot about our roles and responsibilities as man and women together in the Priesthood. "Men are NOT the Priesthood, they hold it and have the authority to use it." Randall L. Ridd gave a great talk about how technology can help us instead of hurt us. He talked about being in the moment and how each click of the mouse determines the kind of person we are. Also Elder Uchtdorf encouraged us to "not be sleeping through the Restoration." and to be proactive in helping build up Gods kingdom. Elder Eyring talked about our Priesthood heroes and it made me so grateful for my daddy:) Elder Uchtdorf's talk about gratitude was awesome! "There are no endings in the Gospel, just everlasting beginnings/" Such a great reminder to always be grateful no matter what. M. Russell Ballard's talk about missionary work. #represent. I love how he encouraged everyone to get a preach my gospel and if you have a missionary out serving to include in your letters about what you are learning in Preach my Gospel. (Please do that, I would love it!:)) Elder Bednar gave an amazing talk about the Atonement and how we "shouldn't pray to change our circumstances, but pray for the strength to endure them." President Monson's talk about loving others was amazing. "Love is the very essence of the Gospel. Blame keeps wounds open. Only forgiveness heals."I loved Michael Teh's talk about what matters most in this life. AHH!! There were just so many great ones. I received so many answers to my questions and for my investigators. I noticed that each person, no matter what their talk was about, always brought it back and testified of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I loved it. I am so grateful for a living prophet and all of our inspired leaders. :)

I am just doing so great. I can't say it enough, but I love it! This week was awesome and conference was exactly what I needed! I am happy. And I love this work so much. I love you all. I am so grateful for my testimony that is built on the foundation of Christ and that it gets me through the hard times. There is nothing more important in this life. As mom always says, "the most important thing in a spouse is a strong testimony.":) Have a great week everyone! Thank you for all the love and support. Sending my love. 

xoxoxoxox Sister Bigs

No comments:

Post a Comment