Monday, March 31, 2014

A love connection (not mine)

Dear Family and Friends! 

Whaddup?? How has everyone's week been? Mine has been good! There are some great things happening here and I am just having the time of my life! Idaho is the definitely the place to be. I am so grateful for the prophet and this inspired call just for me because Heavenly Father knew I needed to be here to touch certain people's lives. As I am here more, I see that and it is such a blessing. :)

So this week I got hit by another bug. Except this time it is worse! Being sick on a mission is the worst because you need to rest and get better because you are not useless and miserable if you don't, but then you feel so guilty for taking a second to recuperate and not be out working every second of every day. But people have been hooking me up with essential oils and medicine, and people take such good care of us! I am convinced it is from riding our bikes in the freezing cold rain everyday. It is really awesome when we show up to our appointments soaking wet from head to toe. We are just a hot mess haha. I have stopped bothering straightening and curling my hair because the helmet/rain messes it up everyday. #firstworldprobs :) Even though things like that happen and sometimes it stinks, I have learned to just keep a smile on my face and be grateful that I am healthy enough to even ride a bike! On the bright side, riding bikes doesn't make me feel guilty for eating too much dessert! #winwin 




Other than feeling crappy, we had a great week! Nothing too out of the ordinary happened, but we taught a lot and are seeing a lot of people progress! Super funny story; So Kellie, our recent convert, and Jake, the one who is getting baptized in 2 weeks are totally in love with each other! They are right next door to each other and have been best friends for awhile. Kellie introduced him to the church and to us. So basically they are head over heels and we are expecting wedding invitations to the sealing in a year! Haha. We just love them and want the best for them and their cute little someday family!:) I just love our people. The people is what makes everything worth it. We have so much fun at our appointments and are getting so close to each one of our investigators and their families. I miss you guys, but I feel like I have family here too! I feel so blessed to be working with so many incredible people who love me and take care of us. Also it will be so nice to come back and visit since I will be so close! The work here in Idaho is just moving right along and I am loving every minute of it! 

This week was also the General Women's Broadcast. And it was INCREDIBLE!!! Exactly what I needed. I loved the videos and the talks and everything about it. I was a ball baby the whole time. I love how when all the Sisters come together there is just a sense of unity and a bond of Sisterhood. It is so awesome to be a part of it! When Elder Eyring said, "I want you to look at your mom or whoever brought you and give them a smile," Sister Ramsey and I just looked at each other and said, "I miss my mommy" Haha. It really did make me miss you mom and my sisters. But I felt an overwhelming sense of peace and comfort as I was missing you guys. I also felt my Grammie right there with us in Spirit. I love the moments when my Heavenly Father knows how I am feeling, and He gives me exactly what I need. I felt all my Sisters there with me that night and it was an amazing feeling. Kellie was there and she loved it, and the Spirit was so strong! I am so excited to be able to hear from our Prophet and our leaders this weekend. It is such an amazing blessing! Conference on a mission is like Christmas morning! Seriously can't wait! 
I love you all and am so grateful for the support. wouldn't be here without you. I just want you all to know that I have a testimony and I know with all my heart and soul that this Gospel is true. I have felt it, and I have seen the miracles that can come from it. I love my Savior. Words can't express the gratitude I have for His loving sacrifice. As we approach the Easter season, it has been impressed more and more on my heart that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is real and it is there for us at all times. There in nothing that we can do in this life that He won't forgive us of. We are seriously annoying and selfish creatures, yet God doesn't care. He loves us so much, if we come to His open arms, he will take us under His wing and forgive us. Think about how much love and patience that takes. If there is anything I know and have learned while I have been here, it is that God loves us so much. Without the Atonement, we as missionaries would have no message to share! I love everything about being a missionary and a member of this church. :) I love you all so much! Alma Chapter 7 is amazing and you all should read it! I love this Gospel and I love this work! Thank you again for all that you do for me. Have a fabulous week! 

xoxoxoxoxoxox Sister Bigs (That is what everyone calls me, not the greatest nickname ever haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment