Monday, October 13, 2014

Going to Oakley!!

Dear Friends and Family, 

Transfer time again and I am finally leaving Twin Falls! I will be going to Oakley Idaho and I will join Sister Hansen and Sister Gass in a trio! I am really excited, but so sad at the same time. I have been in this ward for 6 months and have grown so close to the people and the members. I will miss my companion, my area, and my District terribly, but I know that everything is inspired and  that I am needed in Oakley! I am also excited since that is where my family comes from. It will be an exciting new adventure. We cover several wards, so we will stay busy and I am really excited and grateful that I get to have new experiences and meet new people. I am excited to see what the Lord has in store for me:)


So that was the big news of the week! This week we also had an AMAZING zone conference with Elder Golden, a member of the Seventy and head of the Priesthood department. It was so inspiring and I loved the messages that were shared and the spirit that was felt. Sister Golden talked about enduring and how there are 4 types of enduring, enduring temptation, enduring chastening, enduring afflictions, and enduring in the faith. I never thought about how much enduring is a part of our lives. When times get hard, we can't give up, but keep pressing forward with faith in Christ and He will give us help and strength. Elder Golden talked a lot about missionary work and obedience. He taught us that exact obedience is not being exact, but it is going above and beyond what we are expected to do. Something else he talked about was sacrifices. He told the story of Abraham being asked to sacrifice his son. He said that we will ALL have tests as hard as Abraham, otherwise, God would cease to be a just God. We talked about the law of justice and the law of mercy. It was super interesting and I had never thought of it before. He talked about changing your perspective and being happy. It was awesome and I learned so much! He was super funny and easy to relate to. I loved it. We also got to perform our musical number and it was powerful. I am so grateful for opportunities to learn and grow and to be edified. Feeling really blessed!


Other than those 2 awesome things, it was a normal missionary week. We rode our bikes a TON and did lots of service. I started preparing myself and saying goodbye and taking lots of pictures. I have come to love everyone here so much and it is so hard to say goodbye. They have all impacted my life so much and I will remember them forever. It is truly a privilege to get to know these people and to teach them and to help them. Coming on a mission is the best thing I have ever done, and the greatest experience I have ever had. I am grateful for the experiences that I have had so far and I am excited for this new adventure!
I am still happy as ever and loving life! I know I am not perfect, but that is the greatest thing about the Gospel. Heavenly Father doesn't expect us to be perfect, He makes up the difference. He qualifies us in our imperfections and in our weaknesses and He strengthens us. He is always there and He loves us so much, more than we could ever know. I am so grateful for His love and for Christ's sacrifice for each one of us. Thank you for all your love and support. I love you all! Have a wonderful week! :)

Love, Sister Bigelow
Happy thing of today: We got to teach seminary this morning! I loved it! It was all about the Priesthood and it made me so grateful for all the wonderful Priesthood men in my life! They are such examples to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment