Monday, October 20, 2014

They say it's my birthday!!!

Dear Family and Friends,


This week was wonderful! It was transfer week and I got to my new area on Wednesday. We cover a whole stake so our area includes the East side of Burley, Oakley, and Grouse Creek Utah. It is a HUGE area especially since it is all out in the country and the homes are spread super far apart. And I love it! My companions are Sister Hansen and Sister Gass. They are amazing and we are having the time of our lives. We live in an apartment attached to a members house so it is the best of both worlds! 

The members here are amazing. Now I know why they call this place Zion haha. And we actually have A LOT of work happening. Most of our investigators are in Oakley. We spend different days in each ward so we don't have to drive so much. Our favorite days are spent in Oakley:) It is the best, and I fell in love with it the first day. We got to spend my birthday in Oakley and it was great. I love it here. It is soooooooo different than Twin Falls. Everyone is so kind, even the nonmembers and they will just do anything for you. We drive so much which is also something I am not used to. #bikelife. haha. Since we cover a whole stake we really don't know a whole lot of members so that is something that we are trying to do is get to know more of the members! 

I never imagined a mission could be so fun. We have a blast together and I have laughed more in these last 5 days than in my whole life! We work with the most amazing people. I have a wonderful District. They are ALL Spanish missionaries, so we are trying to learn Spanish so that we can all have conversations in Spanish! Haha. My District Leader is from Monterrey Mexico and he actually played for the Real Salt Lake soccer team before his mission. So cool! It has been a wonderful few days and I am so incredibly happy. I absolutely love being a missionary and I am so grateful for this opportunity that I have to be in a new area and grow and meet new people. I am so excited for this new adventure. I definitely miss my last area and companion, but I know this is exactly where I  need to be:)

Thank you so much for all the birthday wishes and love. I really felt the love and I am so grateful! This has been my favorite birthday because I am doing what I love. I am so grateful and proud for all that I have accomplished in 20 years and I am just so grateful for Heavenly Father's plan and to be where I am now. I miss you all and I love you. You are all in my prayers!
Sister Bigelow









No comments:

Post a Comment