Monday, November 24, 2014

Living it up in 16th ward!

Dear Family and Friends, 




Holy cow. It was like the best week ever!!! Living it up in 16th ward! It has been so much fun to see everyone that I used to teach/work with. It is amazing to see the progress of the area! Like 3 people I taught got baptized within this last year and it just made me so happy to know that my work here wasn't for nothing. And Sister McCallum is the BEST. Her and I have become best friends in this last week. We basically know everything about each others lives and have had a blast together. She is also going back to BYU-I so we are totally going to be roommates. I love having so many friends that I have made on the mission. It is a different kind of friendship and a different kind of bond that you have when you are companions, or have worked together as missionaries. It is awesome. It's like a spiritual bond that can never be broken. Can't wait for mission reunions! :)

This week we had a baptism! Her name is Sandy and she is amazing.  I was really nervous about coming in and being the "new missionary." I knew that there was going to be a baptism and I didn't want her to be mad that the other missionary wasn't there and I didn't want it to be awkward. But Heavenly Father blessed us so much because it wasn't at all! Even though I only knew her for a week, she has become like family. The first time I met her, I literally felt like we had known each other before and it was an instant connection for both of us. Sandy is a single mom of 4 boys, one of them having sever autism. She is going through a divorce right now, and she is just in remission for breast cancer. If that doesn't tell you how strong she is, I don't know what does. I have learned so much from her over this past week. Satan was really working on her before her baptism, and there were times, where she just wanted to give up, but I am so grateful for the strength that Heavenly Father gave us to be able to help her and give her strength. As a 20 year-old girl, I have NO idea how to handle these real life problems that people have because I have never been through it. But I have been able to feel Heavenly Father working through me by the Spirit to help these people,  and all I know is that the Gospel is always the answer. Sandy and her boys have become like family to me. Her baptism was incredible. You could instantly see that change in her and the peace that filled her life as she covenanted to follow Jesus Christ. I am so grateful to have met her, and I know there was a reason I did. I was able to touch her family's life and they were able to touch mine. That is what missions are all about! 





















                                                                    So the bad/good news is that I am getting transferred again! I will be joining Sister James in Rupert, Idaho(where the heck is that? haha) as a Sister Training Leader! I am really excited, but really nervous at the same time. "Sister Training Leaders" are a new calling for Sister missionaries within this last year. Because there are so many Sisters now, the missionary department decided that they needed some Sisters as leaders that could go on exchanges with the Sisters and deal with issues or problems that Sisters are having. It is basically like being a Zone Leader, but you are only over the Sisters.  It is a lot of responsibility, but I am excited that I get an even greater opportunity to serve and reach out and get to know some more Sisters. It will be a great learning experience and a new adventure. I feel humbled to know that Heavenly Father and President Curtis trust me with this sacred responsibility. I can't wait to get to know more of the Sisters and to serve!




































That was the big news of the week! I am pretty sure I have gotten moved more times on my mission than any other missionary in the mission haha. But that is okay! I am grateful for all the great experiences I have had in different areas with different companions. Thank you so much for all your love and support! I hope y'all have a wonderful Thanksgiving week and remember to count your blessings. There is so much to be grateful for! I love you all. God bless! 

Sister Bigelow

From a note to mom:
I am still drinking lots of water and feeling really great. I had one really bad headache this week, and I took a nap and slept it off and I was good. The bad news is, I got bit by a cat bad on my finger. And as a missionary, if you are bit by a cat, you have to call the doctor within the hour and be put on an antibiotic ASAP because I guess cats have some weird organism in their mouth and if they bite you, it can get transferred to you. So that was fun! But I have been on the antibiotic, so it was nothing serious. #missionlife. 

No comments:

Post a Comment