Monday, November 17, 2014

#sad #moresad

Dear Family and Friends, 

Seriously a crazy week! I have decided that missions are absolutely crazy and unexpected and awesome and hard. Haha. I am no longer serving in Oakly #sad #heartbroken #moresad. I was transferred back to Twin Falls to take the place of a Sister who had to return home for health reasons. My time in Oakley was short, but I loved every minute of it. I met the greatest people, and had some amazing spiritual experiences. We worked so hard and had so much fun. But I know that the Lord needed me in other places and I am grateful for His plan. I will miss Oakley dearly, but I am moving forward with and open mind and a willing heart, and with my trust in the Lord:)



The good news is, is that I am back in my first area, the 16th ward! WHooooo!!!!! So happy about that. My companion is Sister McCallum and she is amazing. We were actually in the MTC together, but in different Districts. We have already had so much fun together this past 24 hours. So I will be serving here for a week and a half, and then next week at transfers, I will get a completely new assignment. A lot of craziness, but I am ready for the journey! I seriously feel like I am having flashbacks, and it feels so weird to be back in the same area. The Sisters were working with like everyone I ever worked with and so I will get to see them all this week and I can't wait! I loved this ward and the people here so much! Your first area always seems to hold a special place in your heart. Sister McCallum said that everyone here still talks about Sister Ramsey and I the "dynamic duo" Haha. I am happy to know I was loved here and I am happy to be back.


I will definitely miss my companions too. It seems that we were just getting to know each other really well and having a lot of fun. But hey, "There is no growth in the comfort zone, and no comfort in the growth zone." So true. I feel like my faith has been tested a lot on my mission in many different ways, but I am just so grateful for those tests. That truly is what helps us to grow and it is awesome! Without tests and trials, we wouldn't learn anything and that is what life is all about! We are here to learn, grow, and progress so that we can return back to our Heavenly Father. In these situations instead of asking "why me?" we should ask, "Lord, how can I do this?" I keep thinking about the song, "I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, over mountain or plain, or sea. I'll say what you want me to say dear Lord! I'll be what you want me to be." I have truly learned humility and to trust in the Lord's plan. Sometimes it is hard because we don't always understand, but Heavenly Father does and He will lead us to where we need to go, and we need to be willing to submit to His divine will. 

So that was the big news of the week! I am so excited about life and missionary work! Who knew that being a missionary could make me this happy! Haha. Also this week was stinkin' cold. It was below 20 degrees everyday and it snowed ALL week. I decided that I am a California girl, and I love Idaho, but I absolutely hate the cold. Grateful for a nice warm car this week!  Thank you all so much for your love and support. I am grateful for all of you. Have a great week everyone! God bless....
Sister Bigelow

P.S. I realized that you accumulate so much crap on your mission. Everytime I move, I can never seem to fit my stuff in my suitcases haha. And they weigh like 125 pounds when I do get them zipped haha. Love it!

Happy thing: Being back in my old area in my old apartment:) It almost feels like a dream, but it is awesome! I love Twin Falls! And my mission! And my nice apartment! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment