Monday, November 10, 2014

The Three Amigos/Powder-puff girls

Dear Family and Friends, 

I know I say it every week, but this week was amazing!!! So much happened and we have been able to witness miracles. The best part of the week was out baptism! Our investigator has been meeting with missionaries for 4 years, but due to outside forces and addictions, she wasn't able to be baptized until now. It was such an amazing baptism. Even for the 4 weeks that I have been in this area, I have witnessed a change in her countenance and there is a glow about her now. She is happy because she is following Christ! It hit me this week that it really is so simple. When we are keeping the commandments and following Christ, we are so much happier! And the best part is, is that her husband was able to baptize her because he recently came back into the church. It is so amazing! So, that is what creates this amazing change in people. When they finally give up the things of the world and are ready to sacrifice and become a true disciple of Jesus Christ, that is when the blessings and happiness come. Her confirmation was amazing as well. I am so grateful to be a part of her life and of this new journey she is on. I love being a missionary! 



It was also a crazy busy week! We had a jam-packed schedule and we were able to teach a lot and do a ton of service. One of our investigators Ryan, was able to receive a confirmation that the Book of Mormon is true! So his baptism will be next:) The sad news is that some of our investigator's, the Garza family moved this weekend:( We were able to help them pack and say goodbye. It was horrible and we all cried. It is amazing how close you get to these people and how much you love them. We will miss them, and we will definitely make sure their new missionaries find them:)






We also learned how to make and can apples/apple juice! I feel like I am learning all sorts of awesome skills on my mission that will help me in my future family! I have learned how to garden, can all types of food, build a fence, bake all sorts of cool things...and the list goes on and on. I am grateful for those skills I have learned. Not only will I gain so much spiritual knowledge and a stronger testimony, but I am also learning temporal things! It is awesome! Missions are just the best. Have I said that enough times?:)

Favorite quote of the week: "As we give, we find that sacrifices bring forth the blessings of heaven, and in the end, we learn it was no sacrifice at all." I have definitely seen that on my mission. At the beginning, it was remembering all the things I "gave up" to be here. But now, I don't even think about those things, and it doesn't seem like a sacrifice at all for the blessings and happiness that I have recieved. I love this work so much. I have a testimony that Heavenly Father is truly hastening it in these last days. And that is why we need to share the Gospel with everyone. We are here to prepare the world for the Second Coming of our Savior! The Gospel is true and I am so happy. Thank you so much for your love and support. I feel it everyday. Have a great week:)
Sister Bigelow 



Happy thing: We were discussing how cool it was to be in a threesome or a trio. And we were comparing ourselves to famous threesome. We said we could be the Three Amigos, the Powder-puff Girls, Sons of Provo etc... and Sister Hansen goes, "We are like the three Nephites....with less immortality."" Hahahaha #dying. I love my companions so much! They are the best! 

No comments:

Post a Comment