Monday, December 8, 2014

Old people, bingo, play-dough, hooligans and Poopert

Dear Family and Friends, 

Hello!!! This week was a little crazy and a little awesome. Things are going so well and I am loving Rupert! (Or as everyone calls it; Poopert. hehe). I decided to do my emails a little different. I will go day by day and give you an update of each day so that I don't leave anything out! :)

Monday: P-day. They are always crazy and we are always running around like chickens with our heads cut off. Haha. We had a District activity and played board games and things of that sort. When P-day was over, we didn't have any appointments, so we attempted to contact and nobody was home. #missionprobs. 

Tuesday: We had a District meeting today! And it was AWESOME. The theme for this month is "The Power and Authority of your calling." We talked about ways that we can become more powerful. For example: putting everything on the altar of sacrifice, obedience, understanding our missionary purpose, becoming true disciples of Jesus Christ. It was really powerful and it again motivated me to be better and work on myself! Something that I have been really trying to focus on is the Christlike attributes and improving them in myself. It is amazing the Spirit that comes into your life when you make a conscious effort to be more like Christ. So amazing. We also had an awesome lesson with a less-active lady about the Atonement. I always love teaching about the Atonement because that is the whole reason I am here and it is the single most important thing in the Gospel. I have loved being able to study, apply, and teach that over and over again. I feel like my relationship with Christ is strengthened every time I do. We also go to help in Young Women's today! I love being with the youth. They have an incredible spirit and enthusiasm about them!

That's us pretending we are in Hawaii instead of the Frozen Tundra 

Wednesday: So, we found out that we had to move because the person we are living with sold her house, so we began the long process of packing and cleaning. And then Sister James and I both got sick.#theworst. It was a good thing we didn't really have a lot going on because we were able to rest and start feeling better. We had plans of going out and contacting all the part-member families and handing out Ward Christmas part invites, but I guess the Lord works in mysterious ways! Nothing exciting today!

Thursday: Weekly Planning session. The longest days of them all. haha. Just kidding. But really, planning for every person we work with and trying to get the wards involved and things like that is a long process. But it is very much needed, so I am grateful that we have the time set aside to weekly plan! At the end of the day, we had an amazing lesson with our investigator family(The Day Family)  who is getting baptized at the end of this month. It is always amazing to me to know that Heavenly Father is always preparing people! This family is so awesome and I already love them so much. I love missionary work!!!

Friday:Every Friday we get to go help all the old people play Bingo at an Assisted Living facility.(I always think of you dad:). It is so much fun. Old people just make me laugh. We also taught a lesson to a less-active/part-member family with lots of kids, where we gave them play-doh and had them make play-doh temples while we taught about temples. Best idea ever. Until they fight over the play-doh and mess each others temples up and then it becomes dangerous haha. Gotta love those hooligans! 

Saturday: We helped some elderly folks saw wood today! That was pretty cool. Learning new skills everyday. We did progress records and correlated with all of our ward mission leaders, and the Stake High Counselor. Saturdays are mostly "get things done" days where we have to do a lot of paperwork and things like that. 

Sunday: Church! I always love Sundays. And the good news is that we had all of our investigators that have baptismal dates came to church #yesssssss. And I have no sympathy anymore for people who complain that church is long. Haha. We spend like 10 hours there every Sunday! But I love it. We also got to go help at mission prep today. I totally wish I would have known about a mission prep class because it is the coolest thing ever! Also the First Presidency Christmas Devotional was amazing. I love hearing from our inspired leaders.   

I wish there were more exciting things to report! Since we got sick and had to move, things have been kind of crazy. I am really looking forward to this week! We get to go to Twin Falls 3 times;temple trip, Mission Christmas Party, and Exchanges. Can't wait! Things are great and life is Dandy. Living it up in Christmas City! I love you all so much! Have a wonderful week! 
Sister Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment