Monday, March 9, 2015

I can't do my yoga with Darth Vader over here

Dear Family and Friends,
This week was a good one! It was super busy and it was wonderful!
The week started off with an awesome zone conference! I love zone
conferences because they are so inspiring and they help you want to be
better. We talked a lot about the Atonement and how we can be better
at praying to use the Atonement more fully in our lives. Sister Curtis
said, "Sincere prayer changes lives." That is so true! I know that it
has changed mine. Sister Kentner and I got to do a little role-play
demonstration on how NOT to do companionship inventory. Comp.
inventory is when the both of us talk about how we are doing and what
we need to work on to be more unified, happy, and obedient. So we made
the role-play hilarious! Our topics were:
1. "I've been waiting all week to tell you this..."
2. Being Self-righteous
3. Too nit-picky
4. Not helping your companion improve.
Here is an example of what NOT to do....
Sister Kentner- "Could you please back me with both hands instead of just one?"
Sister Bigelow- "Well then could you stop taking so long in the
bathroom. You are only supposed to take 2 minutes and you take 2
minutes 35 seconds. This is the Lord's time Sister."
Sister Kentner-"Well then you need to stop breathing so heavy during
morning exercises. I can't do my yoga with Darth Vader over here."
Sister Bigelow-"Well at least I actually match my clothes everyday.
Everyone knows that polka dots and stripes don't go together."
Sister Kentner-"Why are you so stinkin' happy when we say our
recitations in the morning? It's so annoying!"
Sister Bigelow-"Well why do you use ever color of the rainbow to mark
your scriptures? This isn't nursey anymore!"
*rolls eyes and turns head* haha
It was a pretty fun experience and I definitely learned that to be a
good companion, you have to be really humble and willing to improve!
President Curtis addressed us on the law of mercy, law of justice, and
law of grace. It is amazing to know that we have such a loving
Heavenly Father and a Savior that came and atoned for our sins, but
that doesn't mean that we can take advantage of it. It means that "we
are saved by grace after all we can do." We have to do our part, and
we can't just expect to sin, and then do something good to make up for
it. We have to REPENT and CHANGE and try harder than we did before,
and then can the law of mercy and graze come help us and change us.
It was a great way to start off the week! We had exchanges on
Wednesday with Sister MacDonald. She is actually from Sacramento! She
is awesome, and we had a blast. Poor girl has been sick the whole
transfer, so I could totally relate to her. We did what we could, I
helped clean up their apartment, and it was fun!


This week, we actually had TIME to try to find new investigators! We
didn't find any this week, but we met a ton of new people! All day
Friday was spent contacting people and talking to people outside. It
was wonderful, and it just reminded me of my purpose as a missionary
and why I am out here. And, it has been so gorgeous here lately! All
week it was in the 60's and 70's, and I almost felt like I was back in
California! More people were outside, and so we have had more
opportunities to talk with people and meet new people. We spent most
of our day Saturday doing the same thing as well. We have also been
meeting in members homes, and teaching them the message of the
Restoration. In Preach my Gospel it says, "Teaching members the
doctrines of the missionary lessons will help increase their faith and
desire to do missionary work more than anything else you can do." It
has been amazing to be in members homes and to teach them and to
commit them to do missionary work! We have started to see little
miracles happen as our wards get more excited about sharing the Gospel!




So pretty much life is wonderful. I love being a missionary so much!
Sister Kentner and I have had a blast, and we have worked really well
together as missionaries, I love her a lot. I love that I have the
opportunity to serve my fellow sisters, and all the people here in
Rupert. It has been amazing. Enjoying every minute even with all the
headaches:) Thank you so much for all the love and support you give
me! I love all of you so much. Have a wonderful week!
Love, Sister Bigelow xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment