Monday, April 20, 2015

The gospel is my anchor



Dear Family and Friends,

Another really great week! The Lord is blessing us a lot and life is
wonderful! This week we had a lot of time to be out and meeting
people. We met a lot of new less-actives that want to come back and it
has been amazing. Some missionaries are disappointed when they only
have less-active work instead of convert work. But I think that in
Heavenly Father's eyes, it is all the same. We are all his children
and he rejoices when ANYONE comes into the fold, member or non-member.
I think it is just as important to bring our lost brothers and sisters
back home and to pray for them and do all we can to help them!



Last P-day, we went with some Sisters to get a pedicure at a
cosmetology school. It was so fun! We needed some sister bonding and
it was a lot of fun to be pampered for a minute! The weather was
really weird this week. One day it was beautiful and the next it was
snowing and the wind was blowing at 55mph. #idahoprobs. Kind of crazy!
But rain or shine, the Lord's work moved forward! :)

I just have to say that I am really super grateful for the gospel!
Working with people who don't have it, or haven't been living it is
the saddest thing ever. You just see these problems and horrible
things they are dealing with and you want to help them so bad. It is
amazing that the answer to all problems is simply the gospel.
President Ezra Taft Benson said, "We are commanded by God to take the
gospel to all the world. That is the cause that must unite us today.
Only the gospel will save the world from the calamity of its own
self-destruction. Only the gospel will unite men of all races and
nationalities in peace. Only the gospel will bring joy, happiness, and
salvation to the human family." So true! And that is why I am out here
doing all these hard things. Because people need the hope of the
gospel and of their Savior! It is truly an incredible gift that we
have been given and I feel so lucky. Keep sharing it!


Favorite quote of the week: "Katy Perry is a good woman." -Shiloh age
4. Haha. So funny, the things little kids say sometimes. Those little
funny moments have made my mission a blast. I love that a mission is
so spiritual, and so fun, and so incredibly hard all at the same time.
If it wasn't hard, I wouldn't learn anything! I have grown so much and
my testimony is unshaken. I know with all my heart that this is God's
work and that He lives. I know that I have a Savior who knows me and
who is constantly there to succor me. I know there is a prophet on the
earth and I know that if we heed his counsel, we will not be led
astray. I know that families are eternal because of the restoration. I
know that the gospel is my anchor and I will never doubt its
truthfulness. I know that God loves all his children and I am so
thankful to be serving them.




 My heart is full of gratitude and I feel so blessed. Sister Kentner is
amazing and I couldn't have asked for a better companion. She is there
through all the crazy headaches and all :). I love my mission and
everyone in it. Corey is still doing awesome, and a member in one of
our wards found a really solid investigator for us this week!
#miracles. Our wards are awesome and we are really united in the work
of the Lord with the members here. Things are great. Heavenly Father
is definitely looking out for us. The gospel is true! Thank you all
for your love and support. It means the world to me. Hurrah for
Israel! Love you!
Love, Sister Bigelow



No comments:

Post a Comment