Monday, April 27, 2015

Cheesy Church movies

Dear Family and Friends,
So not a whole lot to report on this week! I had a nasty stomach bug
all week and couldn't seem to shake it! It was pretty much horrible,
but I tried not to complain and count my blessings! :) Luckily the
lady we live with has a TON of cheesy 70s and 80s church movies, so at
least we were entertained!

But the good news is that we finally got an awesome new investigator
this week! #tendermercies. He is 15, and struggles with physical
disabilities, but he just loves the gospel and wants to be baptized so
bad. His family is inactive, but hopefully with Zack taking the
lessons, and getting baptized, it will help them all come together as
a family! Corey is still doing awesome, progressing toward baptism and
it is amazing. The work is good!
We have been able to get a lot of less-actives to church lately and
that has been really wonderful. There was a young couple that spoke in
church on Sunday, and they spoke about the talk in conference by Elder
Nielson about the prodigal son. They shared their experiences about
both of them falling away from the church and coming back. Really
powerful talks, and after that the Bishop got up because he felt
inspired. He said, "I want you to know that more than half of our
flock in missing today. Look to your right, and your left. Who is
missing? Go out and find them and bring them home." It was so awesome
and so many people were inspired to be better missionaries. So
thankful for that reminder, go out and find the lost sheep!

I got to go on exchanges with Sister Gass this week! It was fun to be
with an old companion and catch up. She is super cute and I love her.
Unfortunately, she caught whatever I did and so we were both up sick
all night! No fun. I can definitely say though Heavenly Father has
been there by my side through it all this week. He has brought me so
much comfort and peace. He always answered my prayers. I am grateful
for times like these where I have nothing else so I have to rely on
the Lord and our relationship is strengthened every time. So thankful
for a loving Heavenly Father!

We got to do some service this week and help a member cook dinner for
her son and his prom date and all his friends! It was super fun to see
them all dressed up! And it made me really want to learn how to cook
more! Good times

Sorry my letter isn't more interesting! Hopefully next week I will
have more to report on. I am thankful for all your love and support.
Couldn't do it without you! Have a wonderful week and remember how
loved you are! I love you!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo Sister Bigelow

P.S. Finished the Book of Mormon this week!!!! Going to start the
Bible so I can be more knowledgeable :)

No comments:

Post a Comment