Monday, May 12, 2014

Daughters of God

Dear Family and Friends!

AHHH it was so so great to Skype with you guys yesterday! It definitely made my day and it was so great to see your cute faces and hear your voices. I loved being able to pray together as a family and to be reassured of your love, support, and prayers for me. I am grateful that we are given that opportunity. Seriously the best ever. I love you all and miss you more than you know. I hope everyone had a great Mothers Day :)



So this week was better! We have been really working hard and trying to come up with new ideas to keep the work going here in this area. We are trying new things to strengthen the members faith and trying to teach them how to be missionaries and that it can be really fun and really easy! As I told you in my last email, we had been praying and fasting and searching for a new investigator and we were finally blessed with one! It was so amazing to look back and see that the Lord placed us in the right place at the right time and we were able to experience such a great miracle after the "trial of our faith." Our new investigator is awesome and is super open to learning! She came to church yesterday and loved it. She is an intern here for 8 weeks for her physical therapy program. I am so grateful for that incredible blessing this week! Even though things are still tough here, I know that Heavenly Father is preparing His children and He will continue to bless us as we press forward and continue trusting in Him:)

This week we also had a Sisters meeting for the whole mission! It was so great to gather as Sisters and feel that bond that unites us as Sister missionaries in the hastening of the Lords work in the last days. It was one of those meetings all about being "daughters of God" and "we are all unique and special." #typical. But it was great! We talked a lot about how to deal with stress and coping mechanisms. Actually a Social Worker came in who deals with mental illness and talked to us about overcoming our challenges and getting through depression and things like that. We also talked about our companionship's and dealing with our issues in healthy ways. We talked about modesty, and exercise, and things like that. I thought it was a great meeting and I learned a lot! There are really amazing Sisters here and I am so happy I get to work with them:)


I seriously LOVE living with the Kezele's. They take such great care of us and it is so nice to feel like part of a family instead of coming home to an empty apartment. Their son got married this weekend and they had a beautiful reception at their house that we got to be a part of and help with. The Idaho wind took over though and they had to move it inside. #nightmare But it was great! We also have sooooo much left over food. #noneedforgroceries #nothelpingtheweightgain #40poundmission #yikes. Their daughters that live at the house with us are the cutest and we hang out with them sometimes. They are future missionaries and I learn so much from them! We also got roped into teaching Gospel principles at the last minute yesterday. Good thing we have studies and weirdly I actually felt prepared! We had a great lesson on faith in Jesus Christ and it was really powerful!

This week I have been reading in 3 Nephi and it is seriously my favorite ever. I love when Christ is teaching the people and He is about to leave and it says, "He beheld they were in tears, and they did look steadfastly upon him as if they would ask  him to tarry a little longer with them." And Christ says, "My bowels are filled with compassion towards you." And then he goes on to say, "Have ye any that are sick? Bring them hither. Have ye any that are lame, or blind, or that are deaf, or leprous, or that are afflicted in any manner? Bring them hither, and I will heal them because of my compassion upon you, my bowels are filled with mercy." And then it continues into the next few chapters and Jesus prays for the people "one by one." Gosh. It touches my heart each and every time I read it. It just makes me so grateful for the Atonement and for the mercy of Jesus Christ. That is why I am here. Without Jesus Christ, we have no message. And I love these scriptures because it shows just how personal our relationship with him can be and just how much he loves us. 

I just feel so blessed to be here and having these experiences I am having. I absolutely love being able to share my testimony each and everyday and I love bearing Christs name. Best calling ever. Thank you all for the love and support. I can feel it and I am so incredible grateful and happy!!! Have a great week everyone! I love you:)

xoxoxxo Sister Bigs


No comments:

Post a Comment