Monday, May 5, 2014

Farmers Tan here I come!

Dear Family and Friends!

Hello all! It's transfer week! I got to my new area on Wednesday and it has been good! Unfortunately, I have had strep throat all week so I was down and out for a good chunk of the week. Doctors orders. I swear I have been sick on my mission more than I ever have in my life! But I am feeling better and we are back to work:) I hope everyone had a great week! 

My new area is sooooo different than my first area. In this area everyone is Doctors and so everyone lives in mansions whereas, my last ward was really low-income. So it feels like I am in a totally different place! But I love it. We live right across the street from the temple and I love riding by it everyday:) We also live right next to the canyon and it is just beautiful:) Idaho just keeps growing on me! The ward is great and everyone is really nice. President Curtis is actually in our ward so we will get to see him more often! 

My new companion is Sister Nieto! She is the best and a really great missionary. We get along and it has been great! We have only had a few lessons so far, but the lessons that we have had have been incredible and I could feel the Spirit guiding us, it was awesome! We teach well together and so it is really nice:) She is a midget though haha. I am literally a GIANT next to her. And everyone points it out too. I guess the name Sister Bigs really fits:) We live with members now and they are awesome. They are the Kezele Family. It is different living with members, but I like it! It forces me to keep things clean. :)

The work here is really slow. It has been a hard adjustment to make compared to my last area. We haven't had really any appointments and nobody ever seems to be home. But we are keeping the faith and really trying to work hard. We have been praying and fasting and working and I know the Lord will bless us here. It is easy to feel discouraged especially during times when you are so tired and so sore from biking all day, but that is what I came here to do! It is hard work to be a missionary, but I love every minute of it. When I accepted my call, I accepted the responsibility to be obedient and to work hard and to do my very best. It is amazing how much the Lord is there for us and how much He helps us each and every day. I feel his presence and His hand guiding us, even though we may not see the fruits of our labors right away. I am really excited to work in this new area. I know that Heavenly Father needs me here to help His children and I am ready for whatever comes my way:) 

The weather this week was beautiful. No tights or jackets! Horray!! I got fried from being out in the sun on my bike all day. Farmers tan here I come! I just feel so blessed to be here. It is beautiful and I love the people so far. I feel that Sister Nieto is a blessing as well. I miss my first area and the people there and Sister Ramsey a lot, but I know that this all happens for a reason and I am grateful for this new adventure and opportunity. :) We had a Zone Meeting this week and it was great! We talked about using the Book of Mormon and why it is so important in conversion. It was awesome. My new Zone and District are great! 

Anyways, like I always say, I am happy here. It has been a good week and I am excited for what is to come. I started the Book of Mormon again this week and I am just loving it. I absolutely LOVE Nephi and his obedience and example he is to us. I love in Chapter 18 of 1 Nephi after Laman and Lemuel have untied him on the boat and he says, "Nevertheless, I did look unto my God, and I did praise him all the day long; and I did not murmur against the Lord because of mine afflictions." It is incredible to me that he had to do so many hard things, but he was just so grateful. Elder Uchtdorf brought that story up in his talk in conference and I just loved it! Anyways, I love all of you and appreciate all the love and support! SKYPE IN 6 DAYS!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Can't wait! Y'all have an amazing week! Sending my love:)



Sister Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment