Monday, July 14, 2014

Permanently Sweaty

Dear Family and Friends,

Hello! How goes it? Our week was pretty good and I am just oh so happy! This week was so busy! It was just a work, work, work week, with no meeting distracting us! It was great! We met a lot people and set up a lot of appointments which is something that we have been struggling with. We have also had A LOT of challenges this week that have really tried our faith as missionaries. But we are staying strong and holding on. We know that everything happens for a reason and that Heavenly Father has so many blessings in store!

Not much to report on this week, but a lot of contacting and talking to people. We also has exchanges this week so I went to the West side of Twin with Sister Wright and she is great. We had so much fun! But we got distracted a lot just talking. #sistermissionaryprobs. Exchanges are always wonderful and I always learn so much. I was nervous to leave Sister Pohahau in our area without me, but she did awesome, as I knew she would. I literally feel like she is my child. haha. I pray that I have helped her and taught her everything she needs to know. I am sure that is how parents feel. #mybabygirl

It has been really hot here the last few weeks. Definitely over 100 everyday. I know it's not as hot as some places, but hot is hot, no matter where you are. Biking is great and I kind of feel like I am permanently sweaty. It definitely helps with the gaining weight problem.haha. Oh and our apartment doesn't have air conditioning. #thestruggleisreal #1stworldmissionprobs. It is so stinkin' hot. Our beds used to be downstairs, but due to some things that happened, we had to move them upstairs for safety purposes. We can't even sleep because it is so hot. We bought some reusable ice packs, and a fan, and we both have our spray bottles full of ice cold water.#dowhatyougottado #gottaimprovise #ihavegivenuponmakeup. It is great though. It wouldn't be a mission without some sweaty bike rides and sleepless nights. I just keep thinking about my daddy on his mission in the heat of Florida. Couldn't do it. Props to you! I am just grateful for the opportunity to serve, and no matter what sacrifices I have to make,or how hard it is,  it is worth it because I love this Gospel and I love my Savior. We'll just keep on pushin' with smiles on our faces!

Saw my girl Ramz this week :)
I am really happy and life is so good. I want to challenge all of you to make the effort to share the Gospel. There truly is no greater joy or happiness that you can experience. All we are asked to do in invite. Be bold, my friends. Heavenly Father is counting on you and needs your help. This is a big deal! This is people's salvation we are talking about. Don't walk, run. Invite a friend to church this week, take some cookies to a neighbor, stop and help someone who is working in their yard, give a Book of Mormon away, do anything you can to help build up the Lord's Kingdom. I have really been realizing how important you are in this work. We can't do it alone. It isn't hard. Reach out and be a friend, be an example, and always be Christlike. I hope y'all take up my challenge, not only this week, but forever. My favorite scripture: D&C 84:88 "And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." Heavenly Father is with you and you will help you, I can promise you that. You all are amazing. I love this Gospel and sharing it deepens that love everyday. It is incredible. Have a great week:), sending my love!

Love, Sister Bigs

No comments:

Post a Comment