Monday, July 28, 2014

I AM ALL IN

Dear Family and Friends,


Seriously such an amazing week and I am so happy! So when we found out we were going to be staying together for another transfer, we made some goals for this next transfer about how we can become better missionaries and what we wanted to see happen in this transfer. We wrote the goals up on our whiteboard and decorated it all cute and we were so excited. We had all these plans to contact all these people and meet more people and try and meet former investigators and all these different things. And even though it was so hot and smoky outside (from the fires), we were super motivated and excited to go out and work hard and meet all these people because of all these goals we had set. So we go out to get our bikes, and I had a popped tire, the 3rd one in 2 days!!!! So we were like awesome, what should we do, nobody could fix my bike until the next day. Although I could have totally fixed it if I had an extra tube, thanks to mom for making me take a bike repair class:)  So we started walking and then the Kezele's were like, you can borrow our extra bike! So we started riding and the chain kept falling off. I would go to put it back on and as soon as I would start pedaling, it would fall off again. Haha. I was determined to get stuff done though, so we kept riding, and the chain kept falling off, and I had grease all over myself and was just a hot mess. I finally gave up with the bike because it was getting ridiculous. So we were walking with our bikes and I had the feeling that we needed to pray, because we were so far from anywhere we needed to be and it was going to take us so long to walk. So we prayed on the side of the road, and so many people passed by in their cars and were pointing and laughing at us. At first, it kind of made me upset, but then I realized that it didn't matter what anyone else thought, and I just smiled back because I have the Gospel of Jesus Christ:) And I realized that the world is always going to be so against us, and we are always going to have to stand up for what we believe in. It was such a great lesson. And it reminded me of the song, "Who's on the Lord's Side?" We are on the Lord's side! So as we walked our bikes in 105 degrees for 3 miles, choking on the smoke in the air, we felt such a sense of gratitude and we sung hymns the whole way home:) It was so awesome. It doesn't matter what the world says, when I have Heavenly Father on my side. When we got home,  I read the talk from President Monson that is titled, "Be strong and of a Good Courage." Such a great reminder to stand strong and not let the world mold you and to stand firm in your testimony."Dare to Stand Alone!!!"  Y'all should go read it! :)



We got to meet our new District this week and they are amazing. Every companionship in the WHOLE zone changed except for Sister Pohahau and I. We had an amazing District meeting and have already gotten so close with the Sisters in our District. #sistapower. And also in other great news, Sister Ramsey is back in my Zone and is my Sister Training Leader!!!! Ahhhh! So happy. Now we can plan all our post-mish trips:) At our Zone activity we played volleyball and it was so fun. The Zone is really there to help each other and I love the bond we already have with them. We also had some amazing lessons this week and have started teaching more families and seeing success and progress with a lot of people. We have really been trying to work closely with our wards and have seen a lot of success with that too. We decided to do a "40-day fast" in both our wards and it has been amazing to see the efforts that the wards are putting in. So many great things have been happening and we are being so blessed. But....nobody came to church this week. #missionariesworstnightmare. We knew there had to be something coming! Gotta have trials a midst the blessings right?:) So that is our goal for this week, to get people to church! 

We have our baptism coming up this weekend and have been working a lot with their family! She had her baptismal interview yesterday and she just cried and was so happy and we all cried together! She is just so ready and wants nothing more than to have her family sealed. I love being able to be a part of all of this. It is truly such a privilege to be helping out the Lord with this work. Remember in my last email how I was saying that i had been struggling a bit? Well I have just received so much strength and guidance these last few weeks. I committed myself and promised Heavenly Father that I would give it all to Him. I AM ALL IN. That meant taking pictures off the wall of friends back home. It meant not emailing or writing some people that were becoming a distraction. It meant not talking about the past, but only looking to the future. It means giving my whole heart and every ounce of energy and drop of passion to this work. And as soon as I realized that I needed to be all in is when the miracles happened and I truly saw the change in myself. And I am never looking back. My greatest desire is to serve the Lord with all my "heart, might, mind, and strength" and to make Him proud and to be the best I can be. I know I won't get there overnight, but all the Lord wants to see is progress, not perfection. I am learning to become truly consecrated, a principle that will benefit me for the rest of my life. My heart is so full for the blessings that I have received. Hurrah for Israel!!!!!

I hope y'all are doing well! I hope you know you are always in my prayers. I love you all so much and am so grateful for all the love and support I feel from you. You are amazing. The Gospel is true! Never forget it. Be happy always, and never give up, Heavenly father is mindful of you and everything you are going through in your life. Turn to Him, and He will give you strength. #wordsofwisdom. I love you all! Have a great week:)

Sister Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment