Monday, January 12, 2015

You can do hard things

Dear Family and Friends,
This week was just....weird, and full of surprises! But it was awesome! First of all, it was freezing cold all week. I feel like such a wimp haha. I have totally worn down my boots and so there are holes in them, so my feet are just kind of wet all the time. But it makes me tougher right? #missionlife

So we had transfers this week! Luckily nothing happened with Sister James and I, but since we have the mama van, we had to drive all the Sisters who were getting transferred to the mission home with all their luggage. That was pretty fun! And this transfer I get to drive! Whooo! #mamaBigs. That's what all the Sisters call me haha. And I just love Sister James. Soooooooo happy we get another glorious transfer together. 

This week was just a whole lot of contacting and meeting new people! It was awesome. Unfortunately, we didn't get any new investigators this week, but our success was in actually having lessons with the investigators/less-actives/recent converts that we have. The holidays just messed everything up, but now we are back in business. We just taught a whole bunch this week and it was wonderful. I love Rupert so much! I am continuing to discover the country girl inside of me haha. #everyoneownsguns #andatruck #andacowboyhatIt. It always takes awhile to get used to a new area, and to learn to love it, because sometimes you miss your old areas, but I am grateful for this area and the people here. There is so much work to be done! I love being a missionary.

In other news, Sister James and I both got sick this week! Puking and stuff like that. It was horrible. Most of the week was spent trying to recover and get back on our feet and try not to get everyone else sick #handsanitizertotherescue. I also was having some bad headaches this week, but with another blessing, some comfort from Sister Curtis, and lots of water, I feel a lot better! I just have a testimony that Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers and is so aware of us. He has been there for me through this whole thing and I am so grateful for that. He has given me the strength to endure even when I feel like giving up. I know he sent me here for a reason, and I'm not going down without a fight! I am so thankful for the Gospel and for the comfort and peace it brings to me. My new favorite scripture, Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me." It's just like mom always said, "You can do hard things." :)

Since our missions focus for this month is on the Book of Mormon, we were challenged as a mission to read the Book of Mormon by the end of April, and to keep a study journal, and write at least one new thing you learned from each chapter. It has been amazing! There is so much god stuff in there! I know that the Book of Mormon is truly the word of God. I know that if we read it everyday, a new spirit will come into our lives, and we will be better able to face and resist temptations. The Book of Mormon will help us to be strong and face trials. I am so grateful for that wonderful Book. It truly testifies of our Savior Jesus Christ. He is the Gift.

On January 24th, M. Russell Ballard is coming to our mission!!!! I am so excited. I just love the Gospel and I love being a missionary. Need I say more? I am happy and enjoying every minute of my mission. Thank you all for your love and support. I couldn't do it without you! Have a wonderful week, and remember that you can do hard things! I love you! 
Love, Sister Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment