Monday, January 26, 2015

"The real you is the spiritual you" -Elder Ballard


Dear Family and Friends,

It was such an incredible week! Have I ever said that I love being a
missionary? :) We finally found that new investigator that we have
been searching for! Her name is Crystal and she is amazing. She is a
single mom who is going through a lot right now, and she is so open to
learning and loves the lessons. I know that Heavenly Father lead us to
her, and I am grateful that we were in tune with the Spirit to find
her. Also, this week, there was a guy who just showed up at church! We
asked him who he was, and he said that he just liked the feeling he
had when he was in this church. So now we are teaching him and he is
golden. We have also been to make contacts with some Part-member
families who are really interested! We feel like there are miracles
starting to happen, and I know it is because we have been working
really hard and showing Heavenly Father our faith!
 This week, I have been feeling a lot better! We finally figured out
that the headaches have a lot to do with the foods I eat, so we are
trying to cut foods out of my diet to see if that helps. I am grateful
that even though it has been rough, I am still able to be a missionary
and serve to the fullest most of the time. It has truly been a
blessing in disguise. I have learned to serve others despite my
illness, and I have learned to rely on my Savior and on his enabling
power to heal me.

This week I got to go on exchanges with my girl Sister Ramsey! It was
the best day ever. It was even better than when we were companions
because now I'm not new anymore, and I kind of know what I am doing!
Our lessons were POWERFUL together and it was amazing. We belted Jenny
Phillips in the car, had a lunch date, and reminisced about the good
ol' days when we were together in 16th ward. I love that girl. I am so
grateful to have her as my older Sister in the mission. She's the
bomb. I also got to go on exchanges with Sister Mac in Burley. We had
a fun day freezing our tushes off walking in 15 degrees. It was so
fun! We were trying to talk to each other, but our faces were numb,
and we could barely move our mouths, it was kind of hilarious haha.

The best part of the week was our mission conference with Elder Nash
of the Seventy, and Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Twleve. It was
incredible to receive counsel from an apostle of the Lord. Elder Nash
talked a lot about what it means to be a representative of Jesus
Christ. He said, "Keep on thinking!" He said oftentimes we are
obedient and we just do, but are we really thinking about it? Elder
Ballard talked a lot about faith, and how the only tool we can't be
give in our personal faith in Jesus Christ. He talked about increasing
our faith as members by getting on our knees and praying and asking
the heavens to open to lead you to those people that are ready for the
Gospel. He said, you can't just get on your knees and pray, but you
have to actually go and do, just as Nephi did.  Here are some of my
favorite things he said:
-"He is as close as we will allow him to be in this work..."

-"It is a miracle we baptized anyone on my mission with our felt
boards and tracks. That was before we got smart! We've tried
everything to wake people up spiritually....now you have preach my
gospel written by the finest missionaries in the church and reviewed
by the 1st presidency and quorum of the twelve. Now learn it and use
it!"

-"Oh, that's GREAT! We get to be persecuted all day long!:)"

-"Wake up each morning with a smile on your face, because that is how
your day will go."

-"We become fearless when we gain knowledge of our message. Then it
becomes joyful work instead of hard work."

-"Oh I love to take on the press!" lol

-Be honest with me, because there is an angel in heaven writing in
your book of life." haha

-"The real you is the spiritual you."

-"The devil doesn't like you, hate to tell ya." haha

-"Don't be obediently sleeping!"

-"It looks like Twin Falls is feeding most of you TOO well!" That's
all we have been doing since we got here is eat. I have had 3 lunches
today!" #idahoprobs

-"Is this a Laman and Lemuel thought? Or is this a Nephi thought?"

-"President Curtis, you gotta live with them, we get to go home!" lol

-"I'm the presiding authority, I can do what I want." haha

-"When you realize what a privilege it is to be a full-time
missionary, is when you will begin to know the will of the Father."

Those were just some of my favorites! We got to meet him and shake his
hand, it was an amazing experience. I am so excited to take what he
taught us and apply it into my life so that I can become an even
better disciple of Christ. I am so grateful for the Gospel in my life
and how it blesses me everyday. I am thankful for a prophet and his
apostles that lead us and help us. I am grateful for all of you!
Remember to get on your knees and pray, and then go and do! I know
Heavenly Father will bless you with those opportunities to share the
gospel. Have a wonderful week! I love you!
Love, Sister Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment