Monday, February 2, 2015

Shaman Soccer Mom

Dear Family and Friends,

This week has been a good one. Patriots won.... Shout out to all those
New England Missionaries.

Mon- Had a lesson with the Day's and we talked about listening to and
following the Holy Ghost. We blindfolded the little kids and had Bro &
Sis. Day help them navigate their way from the living room, around the
table, and back. The younger kids did really well. Then we had
Isabelle do it,but before she did we moved the table and the chairs so
she couldn't fake it. We also had more realistic distractions other
than a bunch of yelling people- knocking on the door, telling her that
her phone went off, saying the cup she knocked over was full of milk
and that she was going to step on the dog. Over and over Isabelle kept
pulling up the blindfold to check. All of the distractions made it
hard for her to hear and follow what I was whispering into her ear.
She also proceeded to slam her head into mine haha. It took on a whole
different meaning to realize that they distractions we have in life
that pull us away from Christ aren't just the loud obnoxious things
but sometimes they are the simplest things that cause us to falter
from the course.

Tues- We had MLC (Mission Leadership Counsel) in Twin. During the
break Sister James had me french braid her hair, and about that time
President Curtis walked by and said, "Braiding hair? Can I be next?!"
LOL. He is hilarious. Then we learned about "Helping our investigators
harness the Power of God." It was an awesome training! We talked about
using all the different tools that we have been given to help us come
closer to Jesus Christ. I needed that training probably just as much
as my investigators! It just reminded me of what Elder Ballard said,
"The only tool we can't be given is our personal faith in Jesus
Christ." It is so important to use those things he has given us to
help ourselves and help others. So cool!  That night we went over to
the Days again and just helped out around the house. Then, we had to
go to the family history center, so I could sign a contract for
housing in Rexburg. Weirdest thing ever! But really exciting:)

Wed- Exchanges with my favorite Poly, Sister Pohahau. Seriously, she
is the best! I think I got lucky and had the best trainee ever!!!! We
had a blast! We reminisced about the good ol' days in Twin, and we got
to teach lots of her investigators in Burley. I think we spent most of
the day laughing. We had a lot of awkward experiences.....One lady
came up to us and yelled at us, told us we were gay, and how horrible
we were. I really wanted to say some not so Christ-like things, but I
just smiled and asked her if she wanted to learn more! #success haha.
Then we went to go teach this lesson and the guy was introducing
everyone, and he goes, "This is my fiance" and she goes, "That's
debatable."  Then they proceeded to fight for 5 minutes, and then
decided to make up, and make-out right in the middle of our lesson.
#awkwardmoments

Thurs-  I had a Doctors appointment today that we thought was in
Burley... come to find out after 20 min of trying to find it and call
and get directions that it was actually in Rupert so we drove to
Rupert. Then we had to wait for another hour. The best part is that
they gave me shots for pain in my backside haha.
#anotherawkwardmoment. But it seems to be helping my headaches!
Grateful for that. We also went to Bishop of 3rd ward and taught he
and his wife the first lesson. It was awesome! We have been trying to
get into members homes and teach them the message of the Restoration
to help remind them of the blessings they have and so that they will
want to share it. It has been a really awesome experience and it
strengthens my testimony over and over again. Elder Ballard challenged
us to challenge the members to get on their knees and ask for the
heavens to open and to open their mouths, and he promised that we
would have success if we have faith! Pretty awesome promise!





Fri- We had zone meeting and Sister James and I did the first part of
the training and I got to explain to everyone how a harness on a horse
helps get full us of the power of a horse since none of these inner
city kids understood the metaphor. ;)
We also went and did Bingo and seriously I love those little old ladies.
We got a new investigator this week and he is GOLDEN . We had a first
lesson with him(Joey) who just showed up at church because he likes
the feeling he has in our church buildings.  It was an awesome lesson,
and he committed to baptism! He is amazing, and I am grateful that
Heavenly Father is preparing his children in this area.  Then we went
to Lori and Wayne's (Recent converts), and were able to start reading
the Book of Mormon with them. So powerful!

Sat- We did the norm- progress records and area book and correlating.
Had dinner at Pizza Hut. Went to the Days and then to Crystals
(another New investigator), who is awesome!  And then best of all went
to the Howard's (4 girls- 17, 16, 12, 10) and their friends\Guy they
like were over.  We have been going through the "For The Strength of
Youth" pamphlet and we were on the section "Dating".. seriously it was
awkward for those kids for the first half of the lesson until they
realized we weren't going to embarrass them.haha. I felt like their
older Sister:) It is awesome to be able to share my own experiences
and how I have learned from them, and how I can sincerely testify that
the gospel standards are there to help us! I am so grateful for my
testimony.


Sun- Went to church, lots of baby blessings, and one little girl who
was baptized over the week end who got up and bore her testimony and
said, "Baptism feels like there is magic in the air." haha. Yes. Yes
it does. Went to the Howard's for dinner, love all those girls It was
the Superbowl, and so NOBODY wanted us over at their house because
they would have to turn off the TV #missionlife. So we went around
visiting members, and had a lot of good laughs:)

So yeah, life is pretty wonderful, and I feel very blessed. I am
thankful for all the miracles that have happened this week! Sister
James is still awesome, and God is good. My District gave me the title
of "Shaman Soccer Mom," since I drive the mini-van haha. I hope you
all have a wonderful week! Sending lots of love and prayers your way.
Don't forget to smile:)

Love, Sister Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment