Monday, May 11, 2015

Just Dandy


Dear Friends and Family
Seriously one of the best weeks ever! We were so busy and great things

are happening and the sun is out. I am one happy missionary! Oh and
transfer news: so I am staying in Rupert and will be joined by Sister
Borjas! The Sister Training Leader Area will be moved to Burley, so
Sister Kentner is headed to Burley to be a sister training leader with
Sister Pohahau. I am super excited, I love Rupert and I am excited to
keep working here!

Monday-P-day! Me and Sister Kentner have been ant-social and have just
been chilling on p-days haha. We are so worn out by Monday! We just
like to get our stuff done and then chill in the sun and write
letters. It's the life. We had an appointment with our investigator
Zach and he is getting baptized in June! So amazing. We met with the
M's, they are trying to quit smoking, so we made a little health
plan with diet and exercise and things they could do to help with the
smoking. It was a really awesome lesson. Tried gluten-free pizza for
the first time today. Not bad!

 Tuesday-Our last District meeting of the transfer! Our district is so
goofy haha, but I love them! We helped the Faux's plant trees and
landscape their backyard and it was fun! I realized that I love doing
yardwork at other people's houses haha. But it is always a nice change
to wear some pants and get my hands dirty :) We had a day full of
appointments with less-actives and some potential investigators! The
work is so good here. So many people to teach now! I feel very blessed
and I know the Lord is looking out. We also found an abandoned pony so
we tried to help it! #idahoprobs



Wednesday-Exchanges with Sister Pinones in Oakley. I love Oakley so
much! We had a blast. We did lots of service and walking around
talking to people. I got to see one of my converts and some members
that I got close to. It was wonderful. Sister Pinones is so awesome
and it turns out we are twins in our interests and hobbies. She goes
home this week, crazy!

Thursday-Planning day! It was a long one, but it was good to get
organized for the week for all our people. Even though I would rather
be out talking to people instead of planning, I realized how important
it is. The Lord has given me this little part of his vineyard and I
need to do all I can to help the people here, and weekly planning
really does help us to meet our people's needs. It is amazing what the
Lord can work through us as we are prepared. We had a full night of
teaching investigators! It was the best! We are teaching someone who
has been going to the other ward, but lives in our ward boundaries.
His name is Brother Cantu and he gets baptized this week and the
Elders who were teaching him barely transitioned him over to us, so
that will be exciting. We also got to teach Zach again and Corey. They
are doing awesome and are really close to baptism! Miracles are
happening.

Friday-Another super busy jam-packed day and I loved every minute of
it. We sawed some wood in the morning! I feel very accomplished haha.
Then we had appointments the rest of the day! I love days where we are
just teaching and teaching and sharing the gospel. There was a huge
rain/thunderstorm and we got caught in it as we were walking to our
appointment, so we had some fun and played in it for a minute. Except
then, we were soaked haha. Worth it! I realized that you have to enjoy
the little moments like that in life or else you will just be
miserable. Life is all about learning to dance in the rain:) 



Saturday-Get stuff done day! We correlated with our ward mission
leaders and bishops which was good. We went and visited some members
that we needed to follow-up with for the rest of the day. Our members
are wonderful. Super spoiled here in Idaho!

Sunday-Happy Mother's day! Skyping with y'all was the best! I loved
seeing your faces and hearing your voices. It was the highlight of my
day. The rest of the day was spent at church! There were some really
awesome talks that the Elder's quorum presidency gave about mothers.
It makes me excited because I know how important and sacred the
calling of mother is. Before it really scared me a lot, but I know
that it is God's plan and if I am following him and his will I will be
lead a guided as a wife and a mother. Learning lots of really great
things on my mission!

So life is just dandy. Loving every minute of it. I am so grateful for
the Gospel and the chance to share it. We are so lucky! Thanks for all
the love and support. Don't forget to smile! Love you all.
Love, Sister Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment