Monday, September 15, 2014

It is a miracle!

Dear Family and Friends,

It is a miracle. I feel SO MUCH BETTER. I am so grateful. I still am taking it easy and not working full-time. (Doctor's orders). I can't ride my bike still and I am still taking medication, but I feel so lucky to still be here and to be feeling so much better. And I know it is from all your prayers, fasting, and faith. I went to the Doctor and all lab work was negative, so I will just keep resting and get better with time! I realized that Heavenly Father doesn't always put us through trials to become stronger, but so we can rely on Him and grow closer to Him. :) This week was amazing! So many wonderful things happened and I think my email might turn out to be a novel today haha. I just love being a missionary. 



So first of all, this week we got to go to the temple! My favorite. I am so thankful we have a temple so close and that we get to attend on my mission. It is truly a blessing. Also, we found out this week that a member of the Seventy, Elder Golden will be coming to our mission in October and we will have double zone conferences! #thebest. Our zone decided to take on the responsibility of putting together a musical number for him and so we are doing the coolest arrangement of "Hark all ye Nations" and  "I Hope they Call me on a Mission." So excited. When you get a group of missionaries together to sing it is always powerful and the Spirit kind of slaps you in the face. Can't wait.



Also this week we had an area wide "Invite your friend to church day" Coolest idea ever right? So all the Sacrament meeting were centered on Jesus Christ and the Atonement. There were musical numbers and amazing speakers. And people actually brought friends! There were so many nonmembers, and less active members there and it was so exciting. And we got 3 new investigators from it! #whatup #membermissionaries #waytogo. It was wonderful. I cried like the whole time because the program was so beautiful and it kind of just hit me that the Atonement is so incredible and I felt Heavenly Father's love for me specifically and for His many children that came to church that day. So amazing. We got to teach Gospel Principles, and we taught the Restoration. Such a simple, yet powerful message. I have always had a testimony of the Restoration, but it really hit me while I was teaching about it. The Gospel is amazing. Know it. Live it. Love it.

Great news of the week: We heard from Karen (our Recent Convert that moved to Colorado for school) and she is doing amazing. She got her patriarchal blessing, gave her first talk, got called to be a ward missionary, and is doing so well! It made my heart so happy. When you teach someone and love them so much, all you want for them is to embrace the Gospel and be happy. But so often, the adversary comes in and they fall away or start to doubt. But Karen is so strong and I am so proud of her! Also we are going to the temple next week to do baptisms with our Recent Convert Ashlee. She is doing well and her family is becoming stronger in the Gospel and they are working toward next August to be sealed as a family. Also, we have been working with a less-active lady named Sandra for the whole 6 months I have been in this area and she came to church yesterday. It has been 40 years since she came to church, and it was a really hard step for her, but she came and she loved it and we are so happy for her! And investigators are kind of falling out of the sky. We met a guy this week who sought us out (that NEVER happens). He just got out of prison and wants to change his life and turn things around and wants to be taught and join the church. He came to church yesterday and loved it. #miracles. We have seen so many incredible things happen this week. We are a lot busier, with appointments scheduled all day everyday. We are teaching so much and having wonderful experiences and meeting the most amazing people. I think this is definitely the best time on my mission so far. I have realized that I am about halfway done and that thought scares me. I know time will only go faster, and I am just loving every minute of this. I am so incredibly happy and I owe it all to our wonderful Heavenly Father:)

This week we went to young women, because Myrissa Robinson(our BFF) was teaching the lesson. Myrissa is 17 and she drives us around all the time, and we have gotten so close to her. She gave the most beautiful lesson about happiness. For her Senior Project, she created a "happiness blog" where everyday she writes about something small that day that made her happy. She said as she did this, it became easier to be happy and to enjoy the little things in life. She inspired me to be more happy, so I have started writing down little things in my journal each day that make me smile or laugh. I realized that most of what makes me happy has to do with serving other people and being with the people I love. I encourage you to try it! It has made a huge difference in my attitude and Heavenly Father wants all of us to be happy:)

So here's my happy thing for today: The fact that Sister Pohahau LOVES to clean the bathroom every week and won't let me help her. Because I hate scrubbing toilets. Haha. Love that girl.

I hope you all have a wonderful week and take the time to stop and be grateful for the little things in life that make you smile! I love you all so much! Sending my love....
Love, Sister Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment