Monday, September 22, 2014

And we have a rib cartilage infection

Dear Friends and Family,


So this week didn't turn out exactly the way I thought it would. But that's life right?:) I got sick again, but definitely not as bad as the first time. It's been going around, so I have been sick and resting most of the week again. The doctor said I had an infection in my rib cartilage so I am on antibiotics.   But I am just grateful to still be here and to have so many wonderful people to take care of me. I am grateful for modern medicine and to be serving in the states where I can get help. Heavenly Father is definitely testing my patience. It has been really easy to be discouraged or just want to go home, but I know that there is a greater work for me to do here. I was able to get another Priesthood blessing from our Bishop in the 1st ward and it was everything I needed to hear. I was promised that I would be healed and that this is just a temporary setback. He said the reason for these illnesses is so I can learn how to be compassionate and learn how to still put others first even when I am not feeling my best. Obviously there was a lesson that I needed to learn and I know that I will be okay and that I will be taken care of! I am so grateful for the Priesthood and for those beautiful promises I recieved from my Heavenly Father. So I have decided to not complain or be mad about it, but instead be happy and patient, and be thankful for the trials in my life:)




Other than being sick our week was great! our investigators are doing amazing. We are teaching a whole lot and finding a ton of people to teach. It has been amazing. We have so much work to do here and I would be happy staying in this area my entire mission! This week as I have reflected on experiences I have had on my mission, I have just been overwhelmed with gratitude for the relationships that I have made here. These are people that have touched my life for good and I know that I will be blessed by their friendships for the rest of my life. I can testify that this is the greatest work I will ever do in this life. This is work of salvation, the work of saving Heavenly Father's precious souls. And how lucky are we to have that knowledge and to have the great gift of the Gospel. So go out there and shout it from the rooftops! Don't be afraid to tell everyone about it. Because everyone needs the Gospel and everyone deserves to know. Being a missionary has blessed my life in ways that I can't even explain. Not only do I have stronger testimony, but this is preparing me for the rest of my life. It is teaching me how to love people, and not just some people, but everyone, no matter what they look like on the outside. It is teaching me patience, and humility. I am learning to trust in God's plan and I am learning that He has a very specific plan for all of our lives. The Gospel is truly incredible and I am so blessed to be able to be here as a representative of Jesus Christ and to tell people about this incredible message everyday.

We had Stake Conference this weekend and it was the best! Our Stake President seriously knows everything and is probably one of the best people I have ever met. It was all about missionary work and sharing the Gospel. They talked about the internet and social media. They talked about service and loving each other and not being judgmental. They talked about the sacredness of life and the Plan of Salvation. I don't ever remember learning so much from stake conference! Haha. It was amazing. Something that really stood out to me was that "in times of hardship and trial, we often feel that our Savior has left us and has run away from us because we feel so alone, but we are the ones who run away from Him. He is always there and will never leave our side and will carry us when we are too weak to walk." Such an amazing message and one that I really needed. So amazing, and looking forward to this week, it's gonna be a great one! Thank you for all your love, prayers, and support! Have an amazing week! I love you!
Love, Sister Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment