Monday, June 8, 2015

Bearing your testimony is like weight lifting


Dear Family and Friends,

Good week! Pretty much the same as always, lots of service, and
teaching. And it is actually starting to feel like summer! So happy!

Zach is doing well and is headed to baptism at the beginning of July.
That kid just melts my heart. I love teaching him and seeing him
change and the light of Christ in his eyes. We tried to find some
investigators this week, but with no success. But I know that as we
keep working diligently, the Lord will answer our prayers and lead us
to those prepared people!




















I am so excited for my brother Jared and his call to serve in Korea!
It made me really emotional, and it made me really reflect back on my
own mission and what a blessing and privilege it has been to serve. I
know that all mission calls are inspired, and I know that I am exactly
where the Lord wants me. Too many miracles have happened for me to
deny that. As it is coming to an end, it just makes me want to work
that much harder and do all I can. Serving a mission is an incredible
experience. Hardest thing I have ever done, but the change I see in
myself and in others is worth every bit of it. Hurrah for Israel!

We got a new car this week! It was harder to part with the minivan
than I thought it would be haha. But it's nice, and I am grateful for
a car! We decided to walk in town a lot this week because the weather
was so beautiful and we are more successful that way. Unfortunately
since it is the first week of summer vacation, everyone has taken off,
and not a lot of people were home. But we just keep trying and having
faith! I got a real nice farmers tan to prove it. Life is good!  I am happy!



We had a zone training this week about developing Christ-like
attributes. SO good! I think that is one of the most important things
we can do. First, work on ourselves and become more like Christ, so we
can help others as He would help them. It was amazing, and the spirit
definitely told me some things that I need to work on. So I have taken
it to heart and really studied and tried to apply becoming more like
Christ. The task for this week.....humility! Seeking God's will in
everything, and then obeying no matter what, and being more grateful.
So thankful to have the time to work on and improve myself as I serve
others. I realize just how imperfect I am, but what a gift the
Atonement is, that we have the opportunity to try again everyday. God
is good!

Well, I hope y'all have a good week! Thank you for all the love and
support. I love being a missionary and bearing Christ's name everyday.
There is no greater calling! Quote of the week: "Bearing your
testimony is like weight lifting, it strengthens it!" So true. So go
out there and shout it to the world! The gospel is such a blessing.
Love you all!
Love, Sister Bigelow xoxoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment